In this penultimate lesson, before the final video call, students will create and practice a presentation about their school for the world. Students can prepare a slideshow presentation or a script to read out while showing off their model school via video.
- Understand the context and the learning outcomes
- Give well-structured descriptions
- Use language to relay information and express feelings
- Speak audibly and fluently with an increasing command of English
- Gain, maintain and monitor the interest of listeners
- Demonstrate learning
- Sharing our schools (5 mins)
Explain to students that they will be writing a presentation to share with their partner school. Discuss ideas of what they might want to include and write these on the board.
- Modelling presentation skills (15 mins)
Model a presentation for your class, using a range of poor presentation techniques. Students will record these and then be asked to model how these could be improved.
- Presentation preparation (30 mins)
Explain the structure of the school for the world presentation to share their ideas and what they have learned from the project.
- Presentations and feedback (10 mins)
If there is time, students can practise their presentations and give each other feedback using the peer assessment sheet.