As well as submitting questions in advance, teachers can also submit questions on behalf of their students using the live chat function shown on the Encounter Live homepage during the broadcast.
The live chat uses YouTube live functionality and so you will need to have a YouTube channel and to be signed in to use this function.
If you do not have a YouTube channel, follow the steps below to create one.
- If you do not have a Google account, visit the Google support page Create a Google Account.
- Visit YouTube and click the Sign In button at the top right of the screen, if you do not see your account icon there.
- Then visit the YouTube Live featured content and locate a current live stream that has a live chat. This is most likely to be in the YouTube Live - Gaming playlist.
- You will see the live chat to the right of the streaming video. If you try to submit a chat item, and you do not have a channel, you will be prompted to create one.
- Follow the on-screen steps and then return to the YouTube live stream and see if you can submit a chat item.
- If you have trouble creating a channel, view the Create a new channel page in YouTube help.