1. Use the ruler to measure distance.
2. You can measure a straight-line distance by clicking on your start point and then your end.
3. You can also measure a path, by drawing a path (series of points).
4. The distance will be displayed in the dialogue box.
5. You can change the unit of measurement from a selection in the drop-down menu.
1. To create a new polygon, click on the polygon icon.
A cross-hairs will appear on your screen. Draw the outline of your polygon by clicking around the outside of the area. (Note: use the mouse of keyboard to zoom or pan while you are drawing the polygon).
2. To measure the area of your polygon, go to the measurement tab.
3. You can choose how you wish to measure the area from the drop-down menu.