Layers contain additional information created by Google or its content partners.
1. Layers are activated by clicking on the check boxes.
2. A ‘✓‘ indicates that a layer is turned on. Click on the ‘✓‘ again to turn a layer off.
3. A ‘◼︎' indicates that some of the layers in a folder are turned on.
4. Layer folders can be expanded by clicking on the arrow symbol next to a folder.
5. Folders can be minimised by clicking again on the arrow symbol.
The layers in Google Earth are updated on a regular basis, so you will need to look at the layers panel in Google Earth for an up-to-date list.