Placemark is the name given to the points created in Google Earth Pro. These are saved in files called kml or kmz files. These files can be saved in the same way as any other file in your ‘My Documents’, department shared area or hosted on your VLE.
Once you have saved your placemark from a website or other source follow the steps below to open and view these resources in Google Earth Pro.
1. Go to the ‘File’ menu and click on ‘Open’. This will open a dialogue box where you can browse for the file saved on your computer.
2. The file will appear in the ‘Temporary Places’ area at the bottom of the places panel. You may need to click on the arrow symbol by the folder to see all the content.
3. Make sure that the check box is marked with a ‘ ‘to view the placemarks on the map.
4. To see the content written about one of the placemarks click on the blue writing.
5. Or click on the icon on the map.
6. To zoom in on the placemark, double click on the icon in the places panel.
7. Or double click on the icon on the map.